The New Standard
Intended to be kept at a screenwriter’s fingertips, The Hollywood Standard provides what even the best script software can’t: clear, concise instructions and hundreds of examples to take the guesswork out of a multitude of formatting questions that perplex even seasoned screenwriters.
• When a new scene heading is appropriate and when it isn’t
• How to format shot headings, dialogue, direction and transitions
• How to control pace with formatting
• How to make a script page visually inviting to the reader
• What to capitalize and why
• How to get into and out of a POV shot
• How to handle text messages and Zoom meetings
• How Hollywood’s most innovative screenwriters are pushing the boundaries of format
• How format for animation differs from live action formats
Simply put, Riley knows more about script format than anyone in Hollywood and shares it all in this indispensable guide.