When George Lucas created the world of Star Wars over 45 years ago, he also inspired an alternative world inhabited by the original Flying Toasters, Deadly Waffle Irons and Hot Cinnamon Buns. A world called Hardware Wars.
Michael Wiese Productions, producer of the critically-acclaimed, award-winning 1977 short, Hardware Wars—which Lucas calls “my favorite spoof”—is making history once again. The Original Hardware Wars DVD: The Collector’s Edition was released on April 23rd, 2002 — just in time for the release of Star Wars – Episode II (purely a coincidence).
This is the acknowledged granddaddy of all Star Wars parodies and the ONLY film to feature flying, battling steam-iron spaceships and Digi Redo 8.2 sound! It’s time you were reunited with your old friends and fiends like Fluke Starbucker, Augie Ben Doggie, Princess Anne-Droid, Ham Salad and the evil Darth Nader!
Today, the Farce is back, packed with new laughs and surprises from its creator Ernie Fosselius—a fully-loaded DVD!
One hour of hilarious material includes:
- The Director’s Commentary, like none you’ve ever heard
- The Producer’s Comments
- A rare look at a pirated foreign version from 1979
- An interview with Fosselius on the hit TV show Creature Features
- Never-before-seen Director’s Cut
- Antique Sideshow, a Prequel revealing the recent re-discovery of Hardware Wars
- And much more!